Cambridge Muslim College invites applications for the post of Principal to be based at the College’s facility in Cambridge, United Kingdom. This is a full time, permanent role. It is an
opportunity to shape the next stage of the College’s evolution, building on its foundational mission, established programmes, its increasingly important position in the Muslim community, and its
domestic and international profile.
- Propel the mission of the College forward and provide a strategic vision for its advancement.
- Work effectively with the Board of Trustees and Senior Management to develop and deliver the College’s strategic aims.
- Lead the College’s academic activity, delivering excellence in teaching, research and knowledge exchange.
- Manage the College’s budget and financial planning.
- Oversee all the academic programmes at the College, working with the College’s course convenors and monitoring developments.
- Proactively seek funding for projects in pursuit of the College’s objectives.
- Manage College activities to meet the requirements of accreditation bodies.
- Oversee the performance of non-academic departments in the College.
- Network and build relationships with the British Muslim community and external stakeholders.
- Direct work with foundations, individual donors and diverse stakeholders.
- Lead efforts to build the College’s endowment fund.
- Provide inspirational leadership to the College’s staff and students.
- Educated to PhD level (preferred) or equivalent experience.
- Understanding of the Muslim education sector as it relates to higher education and public education.
- Knowledge and familiarity working with diverse Muslim communities.
- Managerial and organisational development experience, preferably within a university or academic setting.
- A clear understanding of essential qualities necessary for effective teaching and learning in Muslim communities.
Applicants must demonstrate a commitment to the aims and ethos of the College. The successful applicant will be remunerated at a rate of £56,403 – £63,462 per annum subject to qualifications and experience. UK and non-UK residents are encouraged to apply.
Applicants should submit a covering letter, a personal statement, curriculum vitae and two sealed letters of recommendation (including one from the most recent employer). The personal statement should describe the ambitions of the applicant for the College and provide a summary of his or her research interests.
Applications should be submitted by post to: Cambridge Muslim College, 14 St Paul’s Road, Cambridge, CB1 2EZ United Kingdom
All enquiries should be made by email to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org